Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 1 1/2 cups of Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons IntegriPure® Milled Flax
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (or non-dairy yogurt for vegan baking)
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and flax. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Whisk the yogurt and applesauce into the egg mixture, and then gently stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in the apples. Transfer batter to the loaf pan.
- Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle them over the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, slice and enjoy!
Yield: 16 slices