Wheat Berries Salad
- For the Salad:
- 1 cup Organic Whole Wheat Berries, dry
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby kale leaves
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- For the Dressing:
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TB pure honey
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a bowl, whisking to combine well, and keep covered/chilled until ready to use.
- Cook wheat berries by bringing to a boil in water that is 2 inches above the wheat berries. Boil uncovered for one hour, or to your desired level of tenderness. Drain well and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked wheat berries with apples, orange segments, cranberries, green onions, and baby kale. Toss well with prepared dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper, as needed. Sprinkle toasted pecans onto the salad right before serving.
Recipe adapted from Chew Out Loud.