Vegan Suntava Purple Corn™ Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups cashews, soaked overnight then drained
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (just the cream from the top with a bit of the liquid)
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Suntava Purple Corn™ Extract Powder
- 2 tbsp water (or maple syrup for added sweetness; use additional water as needed to achieve a syrupy consistency)
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend the walnuts, oats, dates, cinnamon and salt until it forms a dough. You should be able to press the dough together with your fingertips. If it is too dry, add a few more dates and blend again.
- Press the dough down into your pan, until it coats the entire bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Add the cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake layer into the pan.
- Whisk together Suntava Purple Corn Extract Powder and water (or maple syrup) until it becomes a syrupy consistency.
- Add dollops of the purple corn mixture to the pan and use a sharp knife or chopsticks to create swirls.
- Place bars into the freezer to firm up for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Let thaw for 5 minutes on the counter then cut and serve!
Recipe adapted from Choosing Chia.