Suntava Purple Corn™ Tortillas
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 cups Organic Suntava Purple Corn™ Flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Melt butter with water. Stir until combined.
- Add butter and water to dry ingredients while water is still warm.
- Mix and knead until dough forms a ball. Add additional water as needed if dough is cracking and crumbling apart.
- Cover ball of dough with a damp paper towel for 10-15 minutes.
- Separate dough into equal size pieces of approximately 2 tbsp each. You will have approximately 20 individual pieces.
- Roll smooth into balls, adding scant amounts of water as needed.
- Press dough balls in tortilla press, or place in between plastic and roll out into a 5" to 6" circle with a rolling pin.
- Cook tortillas in a non-stick skillet over low to medium heat for approximately 30-40 seconds per side, flipping the first side once bubbles start to appear.
- Once all the tortillas are cooked, they are ready to enjoy as tacos, mini quesadillas or cut them into chips and fry them up to serve with salsa.
- Store leftovers in airtight container refrigerated for 2-3 days.