Suntava Purple Corn™ Flour Pizza Crust
- 1 cup Suntava Purple Corn™ Flour, plus 1-2 tbsp for dusting work surface
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Optional seasonings/herbs: garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red chili pepper flakes, dried mint, dried basil, oregano, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper (nonstick cooking paper) and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Combine flour, yogurt, fine sea salt, baking powder, any dried seasonings or herbs (if using), and extra virgin olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon to combine until it looks like dough crumbles. Use your hands to combine the dough crumbles into a ball.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour, then tip the dough ball onto the surface and knead for a minute. If the dough is too sticky, add a teaspoon of flour at a time until it doesn’t stick to your hands when you pull back. If the dough is too dry, add a teaspoon of water and continue kneading.
- Flatten the dough ball and use a rolling pin to roll into either a round or rectangular shaped pizza crust. The thinner you roll it out, the crispier the crust will be. If you prefer a more pillowy and softer pizza crust, don’t roll out the dough too thin.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and starts to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cutting board. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from That Spicy Chick.