Suntava Purple Corn™ Bread
- 1 cup Suntava Purple Corn™ Flour
- 1 cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup room temperature milk
- 1/2 cup Organic Black Bean puree (or 1/2 cup melted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 8 x 8 pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together Suntava Purple Corn Flour, Organic Wheat Flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, black bean puree and flax eggs together then mix with the dry ingredients.
- Put the batter into the greased pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake on the center rack for 20-30 min or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes then run a knife along the sides and gently flip the pan over releasing the cornbread. Or, cut the cornbread in the pan.
Recipe adapted from Food is the Mood.