- 1 cup dry IntegriPure® Organic Quinoa
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 large apples, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, divided in half
- fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- a few pinches ground cinnamon
- a few pinches ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- fresh or dried cranberries for garnish
- Rinse quinoa. Combine with 2 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 F with the rack in the middle. Coat apples with lemon juice so they don't turn brown. Toss sweet potatoes and apples with 1/4 cup of maple syrup, coconut oil and a few pinches cinnamon, ginger and salt. Roast for about 35-40 minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Combine the quinoa with the roasted mixture and the remainder of the maple syrup (1/4 cup) in a large bowl. Fold in thyme and hazelnuts. Season to taste with more salt and spices.
Recipe adapted from Marla Merideth.