Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked IntegriPure® Organic Quinoa
- 8 medium to large tomatoes
- 4 oz canned quartered artichokes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup full fat feta, plus a few tablespoons extra for topping (we used the Mediterranean flavored for this recipe, but plain works great too)
- 15 Kalamata olives, chopped/diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Cook quinoa: Measure out ⅓ cup of quinoa, pour into a mesh colander, and rinse the quinoa under running water. Pour the rinsed quinoa into a small pot and add ⅔ cup water (you’re going for a 1:2 ratio of quinoa and water). Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit for a few minutes, and fluff with a fork. ⅓ cup uncooked quinoa should yield a little over one cup cooked quinoa.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Core the tomatoes by slicing off the top ⅛ inch of each tomato. Run a small knife vertically around the core. Be careful not to cut through the bottom. Use your finger to gently pull out the core and use the knife to clean out any excess left inside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the filling (cooked quinoa, feta, artichokes, olives, olive oil and garlic).
- Spray your dish with cooking oil.
- Use a spoon to fill the tomatoes with the quinoa mixture.
- Top each tomato with extra feta.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the feta starts to turn golden.
Recipe adapted from: cookieandkate.com.