- 1 1/2 cups Organic Green Lentils
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine ingredients in your slow cooker. Stir a few times and cover.
Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours. Each slow cooker cooks a little differently, so exact time will depend on your unique slow cooker or crockpot. Cook until lentils are tender and most of the liquid has cooked off.
Use a slotted spoon to portion out lentil taco filling into tortillas, over rice, greens or however you opt to enjoy this taco filling. Top with sliced avocado, extra red onion, cilantro or your favorite taco toppings.
Let leftovers cool and store in air-tight container in fridge for up to 3 days.
To make in Instant Pot:
Combine all ingredients, stir and place IP lid on, locking it in place. Cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for your Instant Pot to come up to pressure. Once cooking is done, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes before carefully quick releasing the remaining pressure.
Carefully lift lid off of your pressure cooker, stir and enjoy.