Lentil + Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 10 bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked Organic Green Lentils (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked IntegriPure® Organic Quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) bags baby spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease the bottom of a large baking dish with one tablespoon of oil. Slice the tops of of each pepper and remove the core. Arrange the peppers upright in the baking dish and set aside.
- Warm the other tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the garlic and onion for several minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the spinach and cover with a lid so that it cooks down, checking every few minutes and stirring.
- Once the spinach is wilted, drain the can of diced tomatoes and then add them to the skillet. Stir to combine and then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked lentils and quinoa, herbs, salt & pepper, and the sautéed vegetables. Stir in the feta and mix until everything is mixed well.
- Spoon the mixture into each pepper half until you have used all of the filling. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with herbs or sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!