Fudgy, No-Flour Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- 15-oz. organic black beans (thoroughly cooked, rinsed and drained)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp 14-mesh IntegriPure® brown flaxseed + 5 tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or stevia
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp Unicorn Superfood Pink Pitaya powder
- Almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and spread to about half an inch in thickness.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool for at least 10-15 minutes
- In a bowl, cream together the vegan butter, icing sugar, and superfood powder.
- Add 1 tbsp of almond milk and continue to add 1 tsp at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Top brownies with the frosting, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: The Vegan Bean.