Carrot Cake Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- ⅔ cup uncooked IntegriPure® Organic Quinoa
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter + more for topping
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chopped and toasted pecans or walnuts
- In a large saucepan, heat the quinoa and milk over medium heat.
- Once the mixture starts to simmer, add in the carrots, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Turn the heat down to low. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the almond butter and a pinch of salt. Stir until combined and thickened.
- Pour the quinoa into 4 bowls. Top each portion with extra almond butter, maple syrup, nuts, chia and flax seeds and other toppings of choice.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe adapted from: destinationdelish.com.