- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced small
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups organic black beans (soaked, cooked and drained)
- 2 cups organic dark red kidney beans (soaked, cooked and drained)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
In a large pot heat the olive oil over low-medium heat and sauté the onions for 2 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder and tomato paste and cook for 1 minutes more.
Add in the crushed tomatoes, beans and broth and stir. Simmer uncovered for 12 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Add in the parsley and apple cider vinegar and remove from the heat.
Portion and top with fresh herbs, green onions and other garnishes of your choice and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from: sher castellano.